1) The Happy Badger is here! Sleepy Hollow's Tanya Monier blogs about the best places in town to drop off your used goods.
And here's a good one right now: drop off your gently used clothes at Washington Irving School this week - leave marked, and sorted by clothing size, bags in the hallway when you enter the school during regular school hours. This is all leading up to the big morning sale this Saturday at the school, the proceeds of which all go to the Circus! And you can buy a ton of good stuff for super-cheap, which the Happy Badger would also like, right Tanya? Great timing to shop this weekend and gather items for your costume too! More info here on the sale and how to donate.
And, if you have clothing particularly in certain sizes and other items to give (click here for details), this family who lost everything in the Elmsford fire sure could sure use your generous donations.
2) Peak foliage season is upon us. Want a little more color in your yard? Find out what the best trees are for "brilliant fall color."
Snapping foliage shots as you go around town? Please share them in our Tarrytown-Sleepy Hollow photo gallery here.
3) We'll have cold weather for the first time this fall: highs around 50 and lows in the 30s.
4) Chappaqua resident Bill Clinton's visit to Nyack for a fundraiser has picked up interesting comments about local politics.
5) Is your school blogging on Patch? Check out this elementary-school class newspaper.