1) Time to sign up for music lessons -- all ages and instruments -- at Tarrytown's Rock Island Sound. Classes begin with the new school year on Sept. 9 and go for 10 weeks. More info and a special discount here.
2) From Greenburgh Town Supervisor Paul Feiner: "We believe that the tenants who move into affordable housing should enjoy a great quality of life. Would you prefer to live in a campus environment-with beautiful gardens and lawns? Or, would you want to live in an apartment complex that is paved over?" Read more on his thoughts on the WESTHELP parking lot, and the Board's upcoming vote this Wednesday here.
3) Tuesday's weather: scattered thunderstorms, with a high of 78. The UV index is dropping from High to Moderate, so sunblock isn't imperative.
4) "This Week: Parkway Closures in Westchester" is yesterday's most-read story.
5) On the blog front: did you know French fries have their own day?