1) Happy New Year! Begin it right with this nice tradition: the Sleepy Hollow Community Meal for all residents starts at noon on Wednesday at the Senior Center on Elm Street. Sleep late and then come on by!
2) It's hard to let that Christmas tree go and lose all that holiday cheer in your house, but it's really time to say goodbye. Come January, your chances of a house fire started by that dry dead tree really escalate.
3) Wondering about when to put out those bundles of boxes and crumpled holiday paper?
In Sleepy Hollow:
Tuesday – December 31st: Recyclables pick up only.
Wednesday – New Years’ Day – Closed; no services.
The rest of the week remains as usual.
Also note: Village taxes and quarterly water bills are due today; Parking Permits are also due for renewal; Village Offices will be opened until 4:30pm today.
Village offices are closed on New Year's Day, Jan. 1. There is no trash pick up that day with the regulation sanitation schedule resuming on Thursday.Notices from Greenburgh:
Greenburgh Town Hall is only open until 12:30 p.m. today. Writes Supervisor Paul Feiner: "If you want to stop by at Town Hall to pay the 2nd half of the school tax bill before the end of 2013 please stop by at Town Hall on Tuesday morning. You can also pay your taxes online. The 2nd half of your school taxes are due the last day of January, 2014."
4) Many make resolutions to be more creative in the New Year. If you are interested in playwriting, how about getting some expert advice and workshop practice? The author of Playwriting for Dummies will be teaching a six-week course at the Hudson Valley Writers' Center starting in mid-January. Find out more here.
5) Enjoy five recipes for your New Year's Eve party (and beyond) from Patch here.