Last year it drew 884 participants from the region. 2013 was also the first time for the new course, which includes five miles of trails through Rockefeller State Park Preserve.
"OMG, all hills!" wrote Susan Press-Waldstein on Facebook.
Whether you're running, watching or trying to get around, here are some key points about the March 22 event.
- The start and finish are within walking distance of the Tarrytown Metro North station.
- It starts on Beekman Avenue, goes north on Route 9 till it picks up a trail on Gory Brook Road, heads to Rockefeller State Preserve then west around Rockwood Park, along Route 117, back into Sleepy Hollow around the Phelps Hospital property, goes south through Sleepy Hollow Manor and Philipse Manor, doglegs into and out of Kingsland Point Park, then up Pocantico Street finishing on Beekman.
- Start time is 9:30 a.m. and the last folks finish around 1:30 p.m.
- Parking restrictions and road closures start at 6 a.m.
- Prizes for overall and age category winners are sponsored by New Balance. Additional prizes for first overall male and female winners are sponsored by Westchester Road Runner.
Pocantico Street is designated "Pocantico Punisher" on the official course map.