First we enjoyed super-, now the consumer/explorer fun continues with a day dedicated to tasting, trying and walking all that Tarrytown (and some of Sleepy Hollow) has to offer.
The Toast of Tarrytown is Sunday June 10, all day.
Check in with the Chamber of Commerce Facebook page created just for the occasion for updates on specials.
Here's just some of what the Chamber lists so far:
- Receive 10 percent off your purchase at antiques.
- Everything is 10 percent off at (mention Toast of Tarrytown).
- Free cat and dog treats for visitors at .
- offers a free glass of champagne with your meal.
- At enjoy a complimentary dessert with any two entrees.
- will take $10 off your meal for two; $20 off meal for four.
- will give you a rose just for stopping by and saying hi.
- , buy two desserts get one free!
- shop features designer's Emily Keifer trunk show from 12 to 5 p.m.
- has a free tasting of NY wine from to to 6 p.m.
- offers a free music lesson (call for appointment).
- Main Street's AT&T has 20 percent off all accessories.
- at Lyndhurst for dogs, their owners and cancer fund-raising. Everyone can explore castle grounds, free parking and free admission.
- , also explore estate grounds, and enjoy free parking, free admission.
- And finally: a two-hour ghostly tour from the !
This two-hour tour will introduce you to the unique history of Tarrytown and Sleepy Hollow and to some of the most intriguing people who have ever lived here. The guides will lead you through the many sections of the two historic Hudson River villages and regale you with tales both spectral and earthly. Starting from , you will journey past historic sites and buildings while the guides share stories of the individuals who made these places their home. The tales include historical accounts of real people and events—as well as a few mystical and unexplained incidents from the area’s eerie and legendary past.
Advance Reservations Required: $19.99 (click here). Tours on Sunday at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.