From Sleepy Hollow Village Clerk Paula McCarthy:
The Village of Sleepy Hollow has declared an emergency due to Hurricane Sandy.
All residents are encouraged to stay at home, and please take the following safety precautions:
- For emergencies ONLY: call “911”
- For the Dept of Public Works call 366-5190.
- For power outages call Con Edison at 1-800-75-CONED
- Call the Police Dept (631-0800) to report any fallen trees, power wires down and flooding conditions.
- Generators MUST be left outdoors.
- Assume that downed wires are live and stay away.
- Report flooded basements to the Police Dept at 631-0800. The Fire Dept. will respond according to priority.
- Charge all cell phones.
- Check on your elderly neighbors.
- All loose construction materials; such as scaffolding and ladders should be well secured.
- All lawn furniture and decorations, toys and garbage cans should not be left outdoors.
- If you require temporary shelter call the Police Dept at 631-0800 for assistance.
In addition, please be advised that Village Offices will be closed until further notice.
All Village Parks are closed until further notice.
Alternate side of the street parking will be suspended on Tuesday, October 30th