For current power and closure information go to this article: http://patch.com/A-l5cZ
Feel free to log-in and add your own photos and comments.
The Tappan Zee Bridge, and portions of the New York State Thruway are closed.
- Spot flooding occurred on South Broadway and in the Crest area. Earlier in the morning, roads near the Double Tree were closed. Road flooding is clearing rapidly. Many basements remain flooded.
- A sinkhole has been reported at Kraft Foods, into which a tree has fallen.
- Park Avenue has reopened after a tree fell, taking down power lines.
- Over 130 residences are out of power near Neperan Road, close to Broadway.
- According to Con Ed, dozens of homes in Tarrytown near Benedict Avenue have had power restored as of 7 a.m.
- More than 500 people are without power in the Manors after electrical wires caught fire. There is no ETA on when power will be restored.
- A portion of North Broadway, between Lawrence Avenue and Pocantico Street had been closed earlier in the morning, but has reopened.
- Sleepy Hollow PD reports no road closures as of 11 a.m.
- A large tree fell across Route 9 between Philipse Manor and Sleepy Hollow Manor. As of 7 a.m. DPW crews were almost done clearing the road.
- Parks near the water are flooded. Pocantico River swelled over its banks in places. Basements in the Manors are reportedly flooded.