So, you recently got engaged and are now meticulously preparing for your wedding...wondering how can you make your wedding an event to be remembered by all? If you want to make your reception truly unique and spectacular, try utilizing some of the latest trends in decor.
As Director of Catering for The DoubleTree by Hilton Tarrytown, I have helped plan hundred of weddings and pride myself on staying on top of the latest and greatest trends in wedding decor. This year's reception decor trends are derived from the fashion runway and Hollywood movies. To make your wedding memorable, consider incorporating some of the following trends into your reception:
- Pastels. Pastels are well liked on the runway and will carry on through to events. These muted colors will be seen in invitations, bridesmaid's dresses, table linens and floral arrangements. Look for peach, pink and celery colors.
- Geometric Patterns. You will see this in wall coverings, linens, napkins, invitation and throw pillows to show personality in the party.
- Vintage. Things that are old will be new again. From furniture to glassware, and everything in between, vintage items will be popular this year in decor for events thanks to the movie "The Artist".
- Hot color combinations. Tangelo & Lime will also be a trendy combination.
- Monograms. Both elegant and personal, monograms will be seen in weddings with the bride & groom's initials on just about everything!
- Wedding videos are not just for the bride & groom. Video imagery is getting bigger and better and more common among decor in an event.
- Tabletop gardens are well liked by florists. You will see groupings of natural elements such as moss, orchids, pachyphytum, etc. to create one earthy centerpiece.
- Personalize your space. Bring in items from home to display around the entrance to the wedding reception or as accent pieces around the cocktail reception. Use items such as a collection of framed photos, artwork, throw pillows, candlesticks or figurines to let your personality show and warm up the environment. This can create interesting conversation for your guests.
Whether you decide to go with some of these trends or stick to something more traditional, the most important thing is to choose the styles that are right for you as a couple. After all, having a big, happy smile on your face is something that never goes out of style!