On Election Day vote “yes” on Proposition 1 — the proposed lease Game On has with the town — for these reasons:
• Quality of life. Our region has a lack of soccer and lacrosse fields, and we desperately need more.
• I understand that a competitor to Game On is fighting this proposal. There is room for two new facilities in the area since there is such a void.
• The town will generate revenue from the foreclosed property by collecting over $5 million during the 15-year life of the lease. In addition, Game On will spend millions on infrastructure (lighting, underground utilities), which will make the property more valuable in 15 years.
• Game On will contribute significant dollars in addition to the rent and taxes they will pay toward cleanup of the property.
• Before awarding the lease to Game On, the town received three offers — two substantially below what the property will be worth in the future. Other proposals that could generate significant dollars to the town were objected to by residents for a variety of reasons, mainly traffic.
• Dobbs Ferry Road could handle the traffic, with an estimate of 50 cars at the parking lot at any time.
On Friday until Election Day the town public access TV station will broadcast two tapes (both 10 minutes long) — one supportive of the referendum, the other opposing. Please watch them and cast an informed vote. The referendum is on the back of the ballot.
_ Paul Feiner, Greenburgh