Update and correction: The original article, based on police reports, inferred a connection between the employee's headache and the gas leak, but the Fire Department has noted that there was no elevated gas reading in the 7-Eleven and the hospital found no signs of gas-related illness. Patch regrets any errors.
Following an incident in November when a Bellas Restaurant gas leak may have left employees of the neighboring 7-Eleven feeling lightheaded, another gas leak had a 7-Eleven employee asking for emergency assitance.
On Dec. 17 at 3:12 a.m. a caller reported a strong odor of gas in the 7-Eleven on South Broadway and Main Street.
The Fire Department and Tarrytown Volunteer Ambulance were dispatched and Con Edison notified along with the key holder for Bellas Restaurant. Responders found that the burner had been left on at the diner.
The 7-Eleven caller, complaining of a headache, was transported to Phelps Memorial Hospital by Tarrytown Volunteer Ambulance Corps.
However, Fire Chief Eugene Gasparre said both the Fire Department and Con Edison found no elevated readings of gas in the convenience store. The hospital did not find any connection between the headache and the gas leak. "He did not get sick there. There were no findings of chemical illness," Gasparre said hospital officials told the Fire Department.