The worst part of winter may not be the weather itself but the damages it causes to our roads, and subsequently, our cars.
Sleepy Hollow Police received no less than six complaints of car problems incurred from hitting potholes on County House Road between the dates of Jan. 12 to Jan. 15.
Here are the blotter entries, supplied by the Sleepy Hollow Police Department:
- On Sunday, Jan. 13 at 12:12 a.m., a caller stated his car hit a pothole on County House Road, causing damage to the rim. Officer reported finding several potholes along the middle of the roadway but reported no cones were required. Police would contact DPW on Monday.
- On Monday, Jan. 14 at 8:40 a.m., a caller reported his mother struck a polehole in front of 2 County House Road and damaged her front tire and rim. An officer was sent and reported DPW highway foreman was advised and would have a crew patch the pothole.
- At 9:43 a.m., a man came into headquarters to report damaging his front front tire and rim the day prior at 3 p.m. in front of the same address; DPW advised and said hole was being patched.
- At 7:22 p.m., a caller reported that on Jan. 12 around 4:30 p.m. she damaged her front tire on this road.
- Jan. 15 at 11:03 a.m., man came in to report his car had been damaged and he wanted to make claim in order for village to cover repairs.
- At 8:55 p.m. a woman came in to report she struck a pothole the morning prior around 7 a.m. and contacted the Village Clerk who directed her to file an accident report with the police.
Have a pothole plaguing your neighborhood? Tell us where in the comments. And better yet, share a photo!