The following information was supplied by the Tarrytown Police Department.
It seemed there was something angry in the air this week as police responded to more than your average amount of verbal disputes police:
- Sept. 6 at 1:25 p.m., on Grove Street between a motorist who apparently struck a car and the other driver. Accident report filed.
- Sept. 6 and 5:04 p.m., between two women in the lobby of 220 White Plains Road, where both the women work but in different offices. Both women claimed the other woman had pushed her out of the elevator after a verbal dispute. Surveillance tapes were inclusive.
- Sept. 6 at 5:45 p.m., between a motorist and another motorist. While one man was driving in the area of Broadway and Franklin, he said he was almost involved in accident with another car. After a verbal argument, the complainant drove off but said he was followed by the other driver, who pulled alongside his car on South Broadway and began to yell and curse at him.
- Sept. 9 at 5:21 p.m., a boyfriend/girlfriend dispute on Neperan Road and South Broadway.
- Sept. 11, 2:11 a.m., a verbal dispute between a man and woman at West Main Street.
- Sept. 12, at 5:48 p.m., a woman reported that she had stopped at the traffic light on Prospect Avenue at South Broadway when she was approached by a female motorist who began yelling at her and saying she hadn’t stopped for a stop sign. The angry woman became more irate and allegedly spit on the woman’s arm and shoulder. The complainant drove right to police headquarters to report this, describing the woman as about 60 or 70 with curly hair and dark glasses.
State Troopers Prevent Possible Suicide
State Troopers stationed at the Tarrytown Barracks on Sept. 10 at 1:51 a.m. stopped a potential suicide attempt from happening when they pulled over a woman and took her into custody at their 333 South Broadway building. Yonkers Police had notified them of a woman heading to the Tappan Zee Bridge to try to kill herself. She was taken into custody where she complained of abdominal pain. Tarrytown Volunteer Ambulance Corps transported her to Westchester Medical Center.
Four-Car Accident on Benedict
A four-car accident was reported on Sept. 10 at 7:37 p.m. on Benedict Avenue at Martling Avenue. One driver complained of knee pain but refused medical attention. Accident report filed.
Note: Police Beat is in no way a complete summary of all Tarrytown Police activities and responses during the listed dates.