The State Troopers K9 unit out of Tarrytown reported pulling over a car for speeding on I-87, and charging a pair with not having licenses and having a fair amount of illegal pills and needles.
Police said there were three grams of methadone and 18 hypodermic needles found in the white Chevy Astrovan going northbound on 1-87 on Tuesday. The car registration had apparently been suspended for lack of insurance.
A 41-year-old Maspeth man was charged with:
- 1 Count of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the 7th Degree; Class A Misdemeanor
- 18 Counts of Possession of a Hypodermic Instrument, Class A Misdemeanor
- 1 Count of Possession of a Controlled Substance in Non-Original Container; Public Health Law Violation
State police learned that the man was also wanted for a drug misdemeanor charge out of New York City, so after he was processed in Greenburgh they turned him over to NYPD.
The 54-year old Maspeth woman was charged with:
- 18 Counts of Possession of a Hypodermic Instrument
- 2 Counts of Possession of a Controlled Substance in Non-Original Container
Both were released and due back in Greenburgh Town Court.