Dear Tarrytown Resident:
As we all deal with the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, we wanted to provide you information that you may not be able to access because of the power outages throughout various portions of the Village.
The Village has been in communication with Con Edison via conference calls and the municipal liaison at Village Hall in an effort to address power restoration and other emergency issues throughout the Village (power to the water pump station, traffic signals, etc.).
Con Edison has noted that they intend to have the power restored to the vast majority of Westchester County by November 10 or 11. That does not mean that your power will not be restored prior to next weekend; it is also possible that some homes will be restored after that date. We want to provide you the following information while you are without power.
Warming shelters are located at:
Friday, Nov. 2, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Saturday, Nov. 3, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday, Nov. 4, 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Monday, Nov. 5, 10:00 am -9:00 pm
Tuesday, Nov. 6, 10:00 am -6:00 pm
Wednesday, Nov. 7, 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Thursday, Nov. 8, 10:00 am -9:00 pm
Friday, Nov. 9, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
In addition to serving as a warming shelter, the library has internet access available as well a location to charge your electronic devices. Please direct questions regarding hours to 631-7734 or if you have internet access, you can go to www.warnerlibrary.org.
Tarrytown Senior Center Every day during the restoration process from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Friday, Nov. 2, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Saturday, Nov. 3, 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Please call 631-0205 for additional days and hours.
Tarrytown Village Hall
Friday, Nov. 2, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Monday, Nov. 5, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Tuesday, Nov. 6, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Friday, Nov. 9, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Electronic devices can also be charged at Village Hall.
Overnight sheltering is available at:
Community Opportunity Center. The COC, located at 105 Wildey Street will remain open until power is restored in the Village. The COC is also serving as a warming shelter. Should you need to contact the COC, please call 631-7340.
Theodore Young Community Center. Operated by the Town of Greenburgh and located at 32 Manhattan Avenue, White Plains (Manhattan Avenue is across from K-Mart on Route 119). The center is open 24 hours and will remain open until power is restored. The Community Center can be contacted at 989-3600.
Other important items.
- If you haven’t done so already, report your outage directly to Con Edison at 1-800-75CONED (1-800-752-6633). Do not assume that Con Edison is aware that your house is without power.
- Keep generators outside. Do not place generators inside of your house.
- The Village has postponed Halloween trick or treating until Friday, Nov. 2nd. Parents permitting their children to trick or treat should exercise extreme caution because power lines are down throughout the Village and street lights are out in many areas. In particular, the power is out in the Crest area and this neighborhood should be avoided.
- For emergencies only, call 911.
- Check on your neighbors, especially the elderly.
- If you are fortunate to have power, try and assist those without power.
Drew Fixell, Mayor, Village of Tarrytown