The Pierson Park/Andre Brook Improvement Project includes – in addition to the tennis courts underway – repaving of what remains of the non-resident commuter lot.
Repaving work is slated to begin Monday and flyers (attached) were put on cars today to alert commuters. Signs will be placed all over the many areas affected on Monday morning to help commuters negotiate the mess to come.
According to the flyer:
The work includes the reconstruction of the parking islands, the replacement of the lights, plantings and milling and repaving of the asphalt area. The original proposal from the contractor provided for a 6 week construction window. The Village, working with the contractor, has compressed the construction timeframe to 4 weeks in an attempt to mitigate some of the inconvenience to our commuters. Additional commuter parking is being provided in the following locations:
- On-street on West Main Street (north side of road and by the circle on the south side)
- On-street metered spaces on Cortlandt Street (permit parkers do not have to feed meters)
- Perpendicular to the fence at Losee Park
- Parking area at south side of Losee Park
- South Depot Parking Lot (east side of railroad tracks south of railroad station). There are a number of parking meters in this lot but permit holders will not have to feed the meters.
- Parking lot onf West Main Street between the Senior Center and the recreation parking area.
- Designated portion of the Tarrytown Centre Shopping Center (Walgreens) parking lot.
Follow signs for designated parking saying “Temporary Commuter Parking,” use the map attached, and perhaps reserve a few more minutes for your parking time.