Editor's Note: This summary of Tuesday night's Sleepy Hollow Board of Trustees meeting comes from Village Administrator Anthony Giaccio.
1) Public Hearing on village code was adjourned. There were two comments. The Board hopes to adopt the new code by Labor Day.
2) The Board approved grant applications for:
- Water Tank ($1 mil.)
- 2012 Halloween Marketing Grant ($60,000)
- 2013 Halloween Council on the Arts Grant ($50,000)
- Lighthouse Lens ($10,000)
- Lighthouse Protective Fencing ($10,000)
3) The Board approved an agreement with the County to purchase a para-transit vehicle for $1. The vehicle will be used for the Village’s child seat safety program.
The Board would like to look at Village traffic issues on Rt. 448, Rt 9 and Valley Street.
The Board tentatively cancelled the August 7 and August 28 meetings.
The second annual on September 22 (Rain date September 26).
Recreation is working to get access through the GM lot for several weekends this summer that will allow people to walk from to .
Recreation would like to schedule a couple of community events at the and encourage local restaurants to have a “pop café” during the event.
The Mayor gave an update on GM (which is: nothing new since the DEC clean-up plan) and expressed disappointment with Tarrytown’s lawsuit. He feels that over the years, Sleepy Hollow has never stood in the way of Tarrytown construction projects and yet they always do.
The Village received many compliments on the fireworks (the finale of which you can relive ).