Up for election Tuesday in each Village are the Mayor and three Trustees, for two year terms. There is no official competition for each village's endorsed slates, though Tarrytown firefighter Robert Smith has announced his write-in campaign on Facebook.
In Sleepy Hollow on Thursday night, the candidates discussed with mostly Philipse Manor and Sleepy Hollow Manor residents issues ranging from Open Door’s move to North Broadway (uncertain, and in the hands of the Zoning Board rather than the administration) to the state of the budget (grim, reports Mayor Ken Wray). More on these topics on the way.
Read more on the candidates here.
Sleepy Hollow votes from 6 a.m. until 9 p.m. at the following poll places:
- Phillipsburg Manor (Restoration), 381 North Broadway
- Fraternal Order of Eagles Hall, 342 Broadway
- Fire Headquarters, 28 Beekman Avenue
- Union Hose Fire Dept., 129 Cortlandt St.
- James Galgano Center, 55 Elm St.
- The Commons Building, Kendal–on-Hudson
If you need to verify your voting district, please contact the Village Clerk’s Office at 366-5106 or the Board of Elections at 995-5700.
In Tarrytown, there are the incumbents, who you can read more about here, and an effort brewing online to get Robert Smith on the ballot for Trustee.
He writes on Facebook:
- REMEMBER IT ONLY TAKES ONE VOTE AND THE DIFFERENCE IS YOU
- THINGS ARE HEATING UP DOWN HERE AT HEADQUARTERS. WHAT WE HAVE TO DO IS JUST WRITE A BULLET. THIS MEANS PLEASE JUST VOTE FOR ME AND NO ONE ELSE. THIS IS IMPORTANT. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT. THE PHONE LINES ARE OPEN 914 631 8908. PLEASE TELL YOUR FRIENDS.
- REMEMBER PEOPLE ABSOLUTE POWER ABSOLUTELY CORRUPTS. I NEED YOUR VOTES PLEASE VOTE A BULLET BALLOT. THANKS SMITTY
The number used for his headquarters is Main Street's Hope Hose firehouse, where Smith once served as chief.
Tarrytown voters can go to polls between the hours of 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. at the following locations:
- District No. 1: Riverside Hose Firehouse, White And Franklin Streets
- District No. 2: Phenix Hose Firehouse, Mechanics And Central Avenues
- District No. 3: Main Street Firehouse, 50 Main Street
- District No. 4: First Baptist Church, 56 South Broadway
- District No. 5: Temple Beth Abraham, 25 Leroy Avenue
- District No. 6: Tarrytown Village Hall, One Depot Plaza
- District No. 7: Consolidated Engine Firehouse, 177 Sheldon Avenue
- District No. 55: Washington Engine Firehouse, 157 White Plains Road
- District No. 74: Tarrytown Village Hall, One Depot Plaza
- District No. 76: Consolidated Engine Firehouse, 177 Sheldon Avenue
(Note that Dist. 82 is longer around as it has been moved back to Dist. 76 and votes at Consolidated Engine.)
Stay tuned for updates and election coverage Tuesday.