Here is a recipe from the Pure Mountain Olive Oil kitchen for your enjoyment:
- 1 T Pure Mountain Italian Herb Olive Oil
- 1 T Pure Mountain Arbequina Olive Oil
- Pinch of Pure Mountain Sicilian Sea Salt
- 3 slices of bacon
- 12 pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 6 basil leaves
- 6 unsalted pistachios
- 1 T of crushed dark, red and white peppercorns
- 6 large fresh sea scallops
- 1 T salted butter
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Once preheated, bake the bacon on a cookie sheet for 20 minutes. Allow to cool afterwards at room temperature.
- With a mortar and pestle, crush and grind the bacon into a fine powder and set aside in another bowl.
- Put the dark olives, garlic, basil, pistachios and olive oil in your mortar and crush them with the pestle until they are blended into a smooth paste. Taste and add sea salt and peppercorn to taste.
- Dry the sea scallops with a paper towel before cooking in a pan with some olive oil. Cook the sea scallops for about 3 minutes on each side. As the sea scallops are cooking, add the salted butter in the pan make sure each scallop gets its fair share using a baster.
- Arrange your scallops, bacon powder and tapenade in your most artistic manner on warmed plates and enjoy!
Pure Mountain Olive Oil
11 N. Broadway
Tarrytown, NY 10591