Welcome to Patch's daily snapshot of sports in Tarrytown and Sleepy Hollow.
The below pieces were taken from the Hackley website:
Boys: Ivy League Champions
- 200 Medley Relay (Zach Walsh, Chris Shannon, Mitchell Towne, John Blackburn) 1st place 1.43.89 New school record
- Mitchell Towne 1st place 200 freestyle 1.46.28 & 2nd place 100 Backstroke 54.39
- Chris Shannon 1st place 100 Breast stroke 1.02.25 & 2nd place 200 IM 2.03.36
- John Blackburn 1st place 50 Freestyle 23.33 & 1st place 100 freestyle 50.39
- Peter Patapis 1st place 500 freestyle 4.56.97
- Tyler Curran 2nd place 500 Freestyle 4.59.57
- Erik Bostrom 2nd place 100 Butterfly 58.20 & 3rd place 500 freestyle 5.02.13
- Zach Walsh 3rd place 200 IM 2.06.93 & 3rd place 100 Backstroke 58.44
- 400 Freestyle Relay (Tyer Curran, Peter Patapis, Erik Bostrom, Mitchell Towne) 1st place3.25.68
- Hackley 426
- H.M 369
- Trinity 311
- Dalton 222
- Riverdale 196
- Poly Prep 185.57
- Fieldston 172.5
Girls: Ivy League Runners-Up
- Kierstin Chu 1st place 100 freestyle 56.41 & 1st place 100 backstroke 59.09 (New school and Ivy League record)
- Nikki Miller 1st place 50 freestyle 25.82 & 1st place 100 Breaststroke 1.07.98 (New school and Ivy League record)
- Ally Grusky 3rd place 200 Freestyle 2.07.23 & 2nd place 500 freestyle 5.46.31
- Nia Vogel 2nd place 200 I.M 2.23.15 & 2nd place 100 Butterfly 1.04.83400 Freestyle Relay 1st place (Nia Vogel, Ally Grusky, Nikki Miller, Kierstin Chu) 3.51.63
- Trinity 387
- Hackley 385
- Riverdale 345
- Poly Prep 282
- H.M 189
- Dalton 164.7
- Fieldston 130
All swimmers listed here receive ALL LEAGUE status.
College news from Dick Miller
In a game at Albany on the 15th, the Catamounts of Vermont won, 57-40, as Sandro Carissimo (Sleepy Hollow/Iona Prep ’10) had 9 points, 1 rebound, 3 assists, and 3 steals in the game.
On tap today:
No games scheduled.
The Daily Sports Digest is designed for you to add your best photo and/or video to share. If you'd like to send in an update or see anything that requires updating, please email HVsportsdigest@gmail.com. Thanks!
Parents, coaches and boosters are invited to share scores, standings and other news to this column, as well as upload photos and videos directly to this article. Here are complete step-by-step instructions
About this column: Your daily stop for the latest on sports in your town, from little league to recreational soccer to varsity football.