1883 Lighthouse at Sleepy Hollow
Drag box to select area
Sleepy Hollow's postcard-perfect lighthouse operated from 1883 until the Tappan Zee Bridge's navigational lights rendered its service as unnecessary in 1955. Concerned community members saved it from demolition in the 1960s and it sat vacant until reopening as a public monument in 1983, 100 years after its inception. Now visitors only have to cross a little footbridge to enter what once was a live-in building accessible only by rowboat.
299 Palmer Ave, Sleepy Hollow, NY 10591
- Fax: 973-331-0144
- Hours: Group tours by appointment only; periodic visitors hours held. Inquire at Village Hall phone number above.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm; Sat, Sun, closed