1) Sleepy Hollow work session includes presentation on a National Endowment for the Arts grant as various groups in the village are collaborating to get Sleepy Hollow on the art map. More on this to come.
2) News from the NYS Thruway today: Construction activity continues on the foundation of the New NY Bridge with the ongoing installation of permanent piles.
Excavation and preparation work for installation of permanent sound barriers continues along I-87 northbound/I-287 westbound in the area south of exit 10 in Rockland County.
Today, the northbound right-hand lane and shoulder on I-87/I-287 near exit 10 in Nyack will be closed from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Of course, keep in mind that the entrance ramp to the bridge on South Broadway in Tarrytown is closed for the duration of the bridge-build.
3) A high today of 30 degrees with possible 2 to 4 more inches accumulation predicted for Sleepy Hollow-Tarrytown, according to the National Weather Service. Get the latest forecast and current conditions in the window above.
4) News of a fire that destroyed a Yorktown building once used by KISS guitarist Ace Frehley as a recording studio was one of Patch's most popular yesterday. Closer to home, a family was displaced by a fire in Sleepy Hollow. Stay tuned for a heartwarming update on what the Red Cross did for this family's little boy.
5) Snow photos? Don't forget to share them here, in our community gallery.