1) According to an announcement from the Village of Sleepy Hollow, the Department of Public Works will be paving the following streets staring today:
- Thurs, Aug 15: Pocantico St. (No parking 7am to 3pm)
- Thurs, Aug 15: Lower part of Harwood Avenue (No parking 7am to 4pm)
- Friday, Aug 16: Freemont Circle ( No parking 7am - 4pm)
- Monday, Aug 19: Beekman Ave: From Clinton St. to River St. No Parking either side and possible road closure.
The schedule, they note, "is subject to change pending weather conditions and any unforeseen breakdowns."
2) From our calendar: Save the date and purchase your tickets now for the Hudson Valley Writers' Center annual gala, a Silver Anniversary event with cocktails, auction, dinner, dancing and more at Tappan Hill on Thursday, October 3.
3) Thursday will bring warm weather, with temperature hovering around the 77-degree mark. Skies will be clear; there's no chance of rain.
4) "Chappaqua School Enrollment Climbs; 58 More Students than Projected" is yesterday's most-read story.
5) From Patch food blogger Jerry Eimbinder: "CORNucopia, a three-day, Labor Day holiday weekend event, will bow in on Saturday, August 31, 2013 at Philipsburg Manor in Sleepy Hollow." Details here.