1) Of course, the most read story on Patch yesterday was our ongoing updates of the terrible derailment that left four dead and at least 63 injured. Do you have a friend or loved one who survived this ordeal? Anyone you're rooting for today? Share their story and your well-wishing here.
2) Are you one of the intrepid travelers taking train to bus to subway to work? Perhaps Kensico Plaza is the park-n-ride solution you need.
3) In the mood for some distraction? Move on down, move on down the road for the funky Dance party/workshop with Sleepy Hollow's wonderful Jill Liflander. On Dec. 6 in Dobbs Ferry she invites you to "in a safe, nurturing and playful environment have some fun and begin your life as a Disco Queen! Or as the King of the Dance Floor!"
4) There's a lot of talk of shopping local right now (we just made it through a run of Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Saturday) but here's your guide on how to give here and near. A growing round-up of how you can give locally this season. Have a volunteering event or a call to charity you'd like to add? Share it in the comments.
5) In the midst of all the train news, there was this exciting moment in Sleepy Hollow when Tower Engine 38 rescued a construction worker after a fall.