Hudson Valley excursions:
From a Nyack spa to Muscoot Farms, here’s a round-up of regional Hudson Valley mom-friendly day trips here.
Here in Tarrytown:
Cellar 49, the restaurant at Tarrytown House Estates, is taking reservations for a special Sunday. More details here. The estate promises a transporting experience for foodies with this tantalizing menu:
- Lobster Risotto, served with spring peas, candied lemon and popcorn shoots, and paired with Blanc de Noir from Lenz Estates on Long Island to start.
- Red Oak & Frisee salad, served with artichokes and mushrooms, and drizzled with sundried tomato vinaigrette, paired with a Balsamic Bloody Mary, is a choice from the second course.
- And, “Steak & Eggs,” a filet mignon served with vodka scrambled egg, potato galette, and cabernet hollandaise sauce, paired with Dolcetto D’ Alba can be enjoyed for the third course.
- Diners can choose Gianduja Crème Brule for dessert.
Silver Tips tea room is always a treat and especially for Mother’s Day.
As is their tradition, they are offering a Mother’s Day afternoon tea this Sunday in four seatings at 10:30 am, 12:30 pm (almost full), 2:30 pm, or 4:30 pm, by reservation only, at $26 per person excluding tax and tip. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 914 332 8515.
Mother's Day Tea Sandwiches
- Our signature Tarry Chicken with a hint of Barbecue
- Egg Souchong marinated in smokey Lapsang tea
- Tuna with Relish on a Baguette
- Turkey with Lingonberry Sauce on Rye
- Lentil salad on Pumpernickel
- Hummus on a mini Bagel
- Black Olive Tapenade with Basil & Lemon
Scones & Sweets
- Cranberry & Blueberry Scones served warm, with our classic Crème Fraiche and Strawberry Preserves followed by a choice of Desserts.
Tea & Lemonade
- All your favorites & then some - Breakfast, Earl Grey, Jasmine, Oolong, Iced PassionBerry, Strawberry Lemonade & more!
Of course there's many more, so I will keep adding to this list.
Do you have a local business offering something special to eat or buy for Mother’s Day? Share in the comments.