Get involved and stay informed with this round-up of the week's events in our villages.
Monday, Dec. 9
_As of Dec. 6, it's free-meter season in Tarrytown. (Sleepy Hollow begins next week). As part of the annual holiday program certain parking meters are covered, allowing free parking on a two-hour time limit through Friday, Dec. 27. Here are the locations:
- all downtown business district street meters,
- municipal lots on South Washington Street,
- McKeel Avenue,
- Windle Park (Village portion),
- Citibank lot (Village portion),
- South Broadway
- and the West Elizabeth Street/Junior League Lot.
_Friendly reminder from the Village of Sleepy Hollow: The second half of 2013 taxes and quarterly water payments are due by Tuesday, Dec. 31. Pay in person at Village Hall or mail with postmark no later than Dec. 31.
_Special meeting of the Westchester County Board of Legislators has been called to approve the 2014 County Budget at 10:30 a.m.
_Chronic cough? Free screenings at Phelps today to figure out what's wrong.
Tuesday, Dec. 10
_Today's the big bond vote for improvements to buildings and fields of the Tarrytowns Public Schools. Here's more info on where and when to vote, what you're voting on and why it matters.
Wednesday, Dec. 11
_Tarrytown Board of Trustees work session at 6 p.m. has the following open session agenda items:
- Prisoner Transportation Agreement with Westchester County
- Extension of Old Croton Aqueduct Trail at Greystone
- Vacation Parking Permits
- Local Waterfront Revitalization Program`
- Westchester County Fire Mutual Aid Plan
- Fire Department Membership Changes
- Recreation Programming with Sleepy Hollow
- Climate Smart Community Strategy
- Street and Sidewalk Opening Permits
- Bus Stop – South Broadway